Friday, September 30, 2016

my top baby gear "must haves"



1) so to start off, i really wanted a simple looking crib that wouldn't take up much space  oh, and i really wanted it to be gray.  this Ikea one fit all of those requirements and bonus-it's only $119.00!  if you've ever shopped for cribs before you know that's a good deal! 

2) with our first baby we didn't have a rocking chair and now that we do have one, i don't know how we survived without one.  seriously-you need one. my main requirement was that it was easy to move because i knew i would be putting it in different places until peter was in his own room for good. this is the one we have, which i love(!), but it's unfortunately not available anymore.  here's a gorgeous similar one one in case you're interested in this style. p.s. it's on a great sale right now! 

3) okay, once again we didn't have one of these with baby #1 and it may not be a requirement with your first but it sure has been a life saver with two kids!  this bouncer is so stinkin' light i can lift it with a finger (while holding a baby, boom! new resume skill!)  this thing comes all over the house (and outside!) with us -- cause little man wants to partake in all of our exciting adventures and mom & dad get tired of holding his heavy little body so having somewhere to set him where he can still see all the action makes this the perfect solution. 

4) once I knew I was pregnant with baby #2 i knew one of the main items i wanted to have this time was a bassinet. and my requirements for it were strict. i wanted it to be small, have the ability to rock, be easily movable and lastly-- aesthetically pleasing.  this one surprisingly fit the bill perfectly!  it's super light-weight, has 3 different positions (stationary, wheels & rocking) and isn't hard on the eyes.  since I knew I would be having a c-section with this one i really wanted something that would be easy to move with baby inside of it and not require me to lift anything too heavy.  this bassinet was the perfect choice since the wheels make it super easy to transport without having to lift it!  i often move it one handed so you know it's gotta be light!

5) I feel like I need to dedicate an entire post to these wildbird slings cause that's how much i love mine. seriously- in love. this sling has been a life saver countless times when i'm out with both kids or even just at home!  i love that it takes up little to no room in my diaper bag, has many different "holding" options, is light-weight (cause hellooo texas heat!), can be used with BOTH kiddos (not at the same time of course, haha), has a super affordable price tag and lastly- it's.just.gorgeous (i cannot wait to see the fall line when it's released!). i could tell so many stories of times when this sling has saved my sanity but i'll spare you the boredom and just say that if you've been on the hunt for a great sling, these ones will not disappoint. 

6) so last, and certainly not least, is this diaper bag/backpack.  how gorgeous is this?! i started using a backpack as my diaper bag when zo was a baby and after buying 2 and having to repair one twice my husband insisted i found a sturdier one for myself, especially with baby #2 on the way. "umm you're giving me the green light to shop for a more expensive another bag?! yes please!" after searching for nicer diaper bags and coming across jujube's line i knew that was the brand for me. and then came the really hard part--picking one. i know, i know, #firstworldproblems. after hours and hours i finally decided on this one and my husband "surprised" me with it for Christmas. this thing is soooo nice!  if you're on the lookout for a sturdy diaper bag that's also stylish, check out jujube's line.  they know what's up.

that's it! I hope this post has been helpful for all you mommas out there!if you'd like to see more of my favorite baby items follow my Pinterest account where i have tons of pins/boards related to this topic. have a favorite baby gear "must have"? i'd love to hear about it in the comments below and don't forget to subscribe by email for new posts & updates!
 happy weekend! 
~amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment