Wednesday, September 21, 2016

always worth it

last night was rough. like really really rough.  peter was up literally every 5mins after going to bed for the night.  the poor little guy just needed to burp but sometimes we have the hardest time making that happen no matter what we try. and it didn't help that he was half-asleep most of the time, it's even more difficult getting him to burp when he's sleeping.  i was exhausted, upset & just plain done for the night. he already barely naps as it is during the day so at night i'm always praying for just one hour of relaxation--aka, wine & netflix.  needless to say a few tears may have been shed last night due to my frustrations... but, we made it through the night, just like we always do. i woke up next to peter's smiling face, cause to be honest, I just get too tired going back and forth from his crib to the bed and end up bringing him into bed with me.  and now since zo has transitioned to a toddler bed (and super well! may need to write a post about that topic...) she likes to come in and cuddle with us in the morning and it just about makes me cry all over again but for different reasons.  I love waking up next to my babies, seeing them cuddling with each other is just icing on the cake!  and it makes me so incredibly thankful to have these two precious people in my life and to have the honor of being their mother. so yes, last night was hard.  and I know we'll have many nights just like it. but waking up next to those smiling faces makes it all worth it.  always.

i just looked at the time and realized that peter has been asleep for over an hour now(!), praise the
 Lord & knock on wood!  now to finish this glass of wine before i jinx anything.  I'll leave you with a picture of this adorable smile, oh and i found Waldo... 

and I believe this is what the cool kids are calling #squadgoals 

~~amy  


2 comments:

  1. Petey is just soooo adorable!!! I love that expression on his face...So precious! And, Zoey's sunglasses face is just too cute! I can't wait to seem them next month!
    ~Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for y'all to visit!! Already making plety of fun plans! :)

      Delete