Saturday, June 24, 2017

20 weeks pregnant & my daily fuel

helllooo 20 week baby bump! and woah, already half way done!!

dress (non-maternity): target

so i thought i'd start sharing some maternity style posts in the event that it inspires any other pregnant ladies out there that are struggling with dressing this new little (or not so little!) baby bump.  something i've learned since being pregnant now 3 times over: you do not have to sacrifice personal style when it comes to being pregnant.  it's all about what YOU like and what makes YOU feel beautiful.  after all, your body is doing something absolutely incredible--making a tiny little human life! but, i obviously know the shock of seeing the changes that happen to your body while this awesome process is going on.  it can be uncomfortable (if you're not there yet just wait, it'll happen ;) and sometimes even the teeny tiniest bit saddening (thanks hormones!) to see the way your new body looks.  but one thing to remember is that the whole process is SO worth it.  like 1,000 times over worth it.  or in my case, 3 times haha.  in the end, the only thing that matters is a healthy baby & a healthy mama. So on that note, lets get down to business!
("to defeat, the Huns!"--Mulan reference, i couldn't resist)

this sleeveless shirt dress is the perfect summer time maternity staple piece!  it's so lightweight & flowy, which is what I'm loving and basically living in right now (excluding my everyday morning/afternoon ensemble of workout shorts & tanks;)  due to scorching outdoor temps.  and I just love the simplicity of it, its one of those dresses that doesn't really need anything added to make it look complete.
mug: world market || heart pendant: similar

well, that's not totally true...  my only add-on would be a mug of espresso, or three, to make it 
through the rest of the day ;) 

happy weekend all! 

-A

15 comments:

  1. Super cute! My bump has definitely outgrown any nonmaternity clothes though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Mine is working its way there quickly so I'm making sure to take advantage of non-maternity clothes for as long as I can ;) congrats on baby #2!!

      Delete
  2. I love this dress! So cute! Good luck in the heat mama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! Haha we spend a lot of time outside in the kiddie pool & sprinkler to try and beat the heat!

      Delete
  3. The skirt looks great. By the way, some people say that drinking coffee during pregnancy is not good, is it true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, a certain amount of coffee (or caffeine) is fine while pregnant, I believe it's suggested to limit it to two cups which is why I usually have a couple espressos throughout the day since they contain less caffeine then regular drip coffee :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress! I remember the 3 times I was pregnant I always tried to wait till the last possible gained pound before I started buying actual maternity clothes! `

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yes! I tend to do the exact same thing! I stretch my non-maternity to the limits every time haha!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations and alll the best!!
    You look amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress! I was no where near that fashionable towards the end of my pregnancy haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all about the mug of espresso. The simple joys while creating a human are VITAL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Congratulations! When I was pregnant I was sooo paranoid of everything! I didn't drink a drop of anything containing caffiene. lol

    ReplyDelete